Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Currently Reading




So I was in the theater the other day seeing Star Trek(which was awesome!) and saw the trailer for Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince. It. Looks.Awesome. Now, I had never read Harry Potter before because it sounded weird. But now I am giving them a try. I just read the first two and they were cute, but a little young. I am about to start the third book, The Prisoner of Azkaban and everyone says it is really good. I hope it is! What do you think? Is the whole series worth reading?

4 comments:

  1. Prisoner of Azkaban was a good book. I didn't start reading the series until the fourth book came out, I think. I didn't like all the hype and figured it wouldn't be something I liked, when in fact, my like of the HP series actually made me interested in "paranormal" lit, something I enjoy very much today. I definitely think the series was worth it. After the first few books the action picks up, and the characters grow up a bit. If you like ya lit at all, it'll get more interesting to you. Hope that helps!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes definitely! thank you for your input!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I thought the same thing before I read the HP series. I also decided to give it a try and when I picked The Sorcerers Stone up, I couldn't put the series down. I've read them twice and planned on reading them again before the movie in July (I don't think I'm going to have time with the crazy series that I'm reading). I'm glad you gave it a try and I'll keep an eye out for your thoughts on the rest of the books... by the way, number 3 is my absolute favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  4. HP is DEFINITELY worth it. I always thought it sounded weird... then one summer with nothing else to read, I picked it up and it turned into the most epically amazing summer. I became totally and completely Harry Potter obsessed. And it was so SO much fun! I do not like the movies though. Only the first and the second, the preceding I have hated. Never seen the 5th, never plan to see any more of them. Enjoy your reading!

    ReplyDelete